The 95 Express Lanes Project converted the High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane to two limited access toll lanes referred to as the 95 Express Lanes. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) funded this effort to provide new and enhanced mobility options for motorists and transit users in the region. Upon its completion, the lanes will span from Broward Blvd in Broward County to I-395/SR 836 in Miami-Dade County.
Who Can Use the Lanes?
Anyone with a SunPass transponder or mini tag can use the lanes by paying the toll. Tolls fluctuate based on the level of congestion. For more information, please visit www.95express.com. Certain users have the ability to use the lanes toll free.
Who Can Use the Lanes Toll Free?
The following users are able to use the 95 Express lanes toll free:
- Registered Carpools with 3+ Participants
- Registered Hybrid Vehicles
- Registered South Florida Vanpools
- Miami-Dade and Broward County Express Bus and Regular Transit
- Registered Over-the-Road Motor Coach Vehicles