Attention FIU Registered Carpoolers
Important change to your carpool registration procedure!
Effective immediately FIU will no longer be accepting carpool registrations through South Florida Commuter Services, www.1800234ride.com.
In order to continue to have access to FIU’s exclusive carpool parking spaces all members of the carpool must register their carpool through RideFlag at Get2FIU.COM.
RideFlag is a carpool mobile application that provides on-demand carpooling as well as pre-scheduled carpool trips. RideFlag can verify dynamically that the vehicle arriving on campus is a carpool vehicle and seamlessly issue a virtual carpool permit allowing you to park at the reserved carpool parking spaces. You will no longer receive a carpool hang-tag permit for your vehicle.
Here are the steps you need to take in order to register your carpool with RideFlag:
1) Download the RideFlag app www.Get2FIU.COM and register with your FIU email to continue getting all of the great benefits of being a registered carpooler at FIU.
2) Continue carpooling with another FIU RideFlag user.
3) Vehicles must have a valid virtual parking permit to park at FIU.
4) Make sure that each of you keep the RideFlag app open so that RideFlag can confirm your carpool’s arrival on campus.
5) Parking and Transportation will automatically issue you a virtual carpool permit to park in the preferred carpool spaces.
For more information and to register your carpool with RideFlag visit www.Get2FIU.COM or call Parking and Transportation at 305-348-3615.